Study in UK

uk education

Why UK

The UK is a welcoming, diverse and popular destination for international students. Coming to a university or college here will give you world-class teaching and help you develop great skills for success in the global workforce.

UK is a popular destination for higher studies for students from around the world and is home to three of the top 10 universities in the world, according to the 2014 QS world rankings. A degree that you gain from an UK university will be recognized internationally by universities, employers and government bodies.

Study in UK

UK education is recognized by employers, universities and governments worldwide.

  • Four of the top six universities on the planet are in the UK
  • UK research is ‘world leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ – according to the most recent research in 2008, which produces quality profiles for universities and colleges by assessing research activity against agreed quality standards.

Tuition Fee

For international students, undergraduate tuition fee for 2014-15 start at around UK£9,000 for lecture-based courses, going up to £38,500 for an undergraduate medical degree at the top of the price range. On average, however, international undergraduate fees level out at around £12,987 ($18,870) – approximately £5,000 more than home students.

At postgraduate level, the average international fee for classroom based programs in 2014-15 is £13,390 although the majority of courses range from between £11,000 and £14,000. For laboratory-based programs, average annual fees stand at £15,274 while for clinical degree programs the average figure is £22,244. For leading clinical programs (such as medicine) at leading UK universities, however, fees can be as high as £38,532 ($57,440) annually.

Living Expenses

Estimated monthly costs

Monthly Costs: Lower range Monthly Costs: Upper range
Rent £360 £700
Food £140 £250
Gas/electricity* £40 £80
Internet £20 £60
Mobile phone £10 £50
Laundry/toiletries £10 £40
Printing, stationery, photocopying, text books £25 £50
Total per month £605 £1,230

Work While Study

Tier 4, or student visa

Students having leave to remain for more than 6 months are allowed to work part time (20 Hours a week) during the duration of their course. They can also work for more than 20 hours per week during term time unless the student`s placement is part of the studies, has been agreed with your education institution and leads to a degree or qualification awarded by a nationally recognized examining body.


Your spouse may work in the UK if the grant of leave is for more than 12 months. If your visa was granted for a period of less than 12 months or you are participating in a course of study below degree level, your spouse will not be allowed to work in the UK. In order to be granted entry clearance as a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner, you must both be aged 18 or older.

From 4 July 2011, you cannot bring your dependents to the UK unless you are:

  • sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at or above an NQF level 7 or in a masters degree program or higher which lasts 12 months or more; or
  • a new government-sponsored student following a course which lasts longer than 6 months

Post study Work visa

Non-EU Students and Work Visas

All non-EU students who wish to remain in the UK after they have graduated must apply for a work visa from Immigration Authority.  There are several visas you can apply for as a London graduate:

  1. Tier 2 (General) Visa: This is the primary visa to remain and work in the UK after your studies. It is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from UK recognized university. Before you apply you must have an offer of a skilled job from a licensed employer and be paid a salary of at least £20,500.
  2. Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa: This visa option is open to talented students who are developing a world-class business idea. You will need to be identified and sponsored by your university as having the potential to create your own business in the UK. This applies to all graduating students. The UK government has also established an additional route for MBA students specifically.
  3. Tier 4 (Student) Visa: If you are a student completing a PhD at a UK higher education institute you can apply to stay in the UK for a further 12 months after your course completion date. You will be sponsored by your university but you will have full unrestricted work rights, except for some limited professions such as doctors

Climate and Weather

Britain an island country and the surrounding sea gives England a varied climate. We never know what the weather will be like from one day to the other. It can be sunny one day and rainy the next. As we have such a variable climate changing from from day to day, it is difficult to predict the weather. In general we have warm summers and cool winters. Our summers are cooler than those on the continent, but the winters are milder.

The overall climate in England is called temperate maritime. This means that it is mild with temperatures not much lower than 0ºC in winter and not much higher than 32ºC in summer. It also means that it is damp and is subject to frequent changes. July is normally the warmest month in England. Around the coasts, February is normally the coldest month, but inland there is little to choose between January and February as the coldest month.

Planning to Study in UK?

Call us for Phone Counseling

+91 9888188541, +91 9876913707